A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Services Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the insurance function of the business.
As the Head of Marketing for Saga Home and Motor Insurance, you will be responsible for setting and executing the marketing strategy and plans to deliver against our strategic business objectives.
Managing a significant marketing budget, you will oversee the delivery of highly engaging, integrated multi-media campaigns that enhance perception of the brand and deliver growth.
You will work closely with our Product Development team, to deliver against commercial plans and to develop a deep understanding of our customers, influencing and contributing to product and proposition innovation.
You will lead and develop the team of marketers to create a best-in-class acquisition marketing team, creating a challenging and rewarding environment to work in.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to set the marketing strategy and plan for Saga Home and Motor Insurance, to achieve sustainable growth and PBT objectives
- To lead the delivery of the annual acquisition marketing plans and budgets contributing to commercial business plans and managing the marketing spend and efficiency
- Lead the team to develop highly creative and engaging marketing campaigns, based on a deep understanding of our customers and what’s important to them
- Act as customer champion, understanding customer needs and driving change as necessary to ensure the best possible customer experience for Saga insurance customers
- Continual review and innovation of marketing activities focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Champion digital capability and implementation of best practice across Saga Travel
- Continually keep abreast of market trends, competitive moves and customer expectations
- Build strong and supportive relationships with external suppliers– such as media, creative and digital agencies
- Coach and develop the Senior Marketing Managers and the wider marketing team, providing the senior managers space to manage the team and operations day to day
- Build our employee experience to ensure the team have the right skills, competencies and are engaged. Support the marketing team to remove blockers and processes that make life difficult, and create a fun and rewarding environment to work in
- Ensure compliance with any relevant regulatory and Company policies and commitments
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Well-developed communication and leadership skills, able to operate in fast decision-making and entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience overseeing the delivery of large multi-media campaigns, delivering against brand and sales objectives
- Digitally savvy with an understanding of, and desire to exploit new and emerging marketing channels and tools
- Proven track record of adding value through the delivery of marketing excellence
- Highly numerate and literate with a strong commercial focus
- Proven change management skills, including the ability to constantly seek out and capitalise on new opportunities
Education and qualifications:
- Graduate calibre ideally holding CIM/IDM postgraduate diploma in marketing or similar
- Adaptability to adjust and review plans when faced with obstacles and challenges in order to achieve a solution
- High integrity, capable of driving and implementing change
- Ability to deliver credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Confidence to challenge to drive best outcomes
- Highly collaborative & seeks to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to sustain the pressures of a rigorous and competitive business sector
- Ability to fit well within a robust team through displaying a strong team orientation and assertive style